Whether you’re preparing to pack prior to crunch time and looking to maximize your bag space & efficiency, or you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed in the midst of it all, I’ve got some pro packing tips & tricks that are sure to improve your packing-traveling journey!
These tips all come from personal experience and have been absolute game-changers in the way I pack and ultimately travel!
THE GOOD STUFF
- Packing cubes & compression/stuff sacks are vital to organization and maximizing the space in your bag! They’re especially helpful when living out of a backpack. No more loose items getting mixed up in your bags! I highly, highly recommended you invest in these!
- Pack light & simple: This one’s kind of boring, but seriously so crucial! You will most likely not need as much as you might think! Even after having LOTS of traveling experience, I often end up packing more than I need time and time again.
- When it comes to toiletries, dry products are far superior for travel compared to wet products (soap bars vs. liquid soap)! Always shop local, but if you need it, Lush is an incredible worldwide company that offers lots of dry options.
- Baby wipes & facial wipes are your best friend while traveling! It’s an easy way to freshen up when you’re on the go! Seriously, you will be so happy to have these if you’re like me and remaining filthy for the entire day is not necessarily “fun.”
- Roll your clothes, instead of folding them, to cut down on space in your bag and make individual garments more accessible! This doesn’t work for every type of clothing, but it will help for heaps of clothes.
- Layers, layers, layers: I know you love that giant sweater of yours, but lighter-weight clothing that can layer is better than thicker, bulkier items. You’ll be able to save space in your bag & increase your clothing versatility.
- Don’t bring too many books! They are bulky & heavy so think twice about bringing them and only bring the one(s) you really really really want to take with you on your adventure! Maybe bring a kindle if you’re a book-fanatic...
- Keep the amount of beauty products small & simple! If you’re used to using lots of products, this could be a great chance to simplify your life and let your natural beauty shine! You are beautiful—no ifs, ands, or buts!
- Get educated some more on all types of traveling topics by checking out REI Expert Advice online. In my opinion, it’s one of the best curations of travel/adventure guides on the internet.
I hope these tips, methods, and mindsets bless you as much as they have blessed me! Happy packing and have an absolutely incredible trip!